I accepted. Maybe it was the nice introductory message he attached to the friend request... perhaps it was his broad shoulders and nice arms... may have even been the spoiled bulldog I saw in his pictures... perhaps the shark I caught a glipse of tattooed on his right arm. Whatever it was I was interested and accepted. And all though I was completely honest with him and told him I wasn't looking for a boyfriend --- his persistance eventually won me over. Ok, I'm lying... he won my heart with the box of cupcakes he brought me on our first date. That's right, cupcakes. Not cheesy flowers or chocolates. He had clean fingernails and didn't mind that I ruined our dinner reservations by confessing I don't have fancy taste buds.
That was a year ago today.... December 23, 2010, my first date with the creep and the best friend request I've ever accepted in my life. Thank you, Tom Chavez for making this past year a special, memorable, fun-filled, loving & healthy one. I heart you, CREEP!
And.... because every post is better with a picture, here is a picture from today. At the happiest place on Earth with the person who makes me happiest on Earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment